When you visit our site, we may collect certain personally identifying data from you. This is primarily data that you enter in, so you’ll generally know when you’re giving us personally identifying data. This data may include, but isn’t necessarily limited to, your name, email, phone number, mailing address, records of products purchased, whether or not you’re a real estate agent, credit card information, and geolocation data. (Note the latter may be collected automatically depending on your browser settings.) When you enter data, we will use it to:
- Provide and maintain our website, including monitoring how you use our website;
- Manage your account with us, including your registration as a user or buyer on our website, and managing your access to site features based on your registration;
- To perform any contract you’ve entered into with us, such as delivering products you’ve purchased from us;
- To contact you by email, phone, text, or any other means with updates and information about our products and services, our website, including security updates and product updates.
- To contact you by email, phone, text, or any other means with news and information about other products and services we think might interest you, unless you’ve opted out; and
- To respond to and manage any requests you send us.
Although we do not sell personal data, there are some situations where we may share your data:
- With third-party service providers, that provide services for and on behalf of our website, to help us monitor and analyze how our website is used; to show ads; and to contact you.
- With any third parties in connection with a sale, transfer, or merger of our business or any part of it.
- With related entities, which would include any parent or related companies, joint ventures, companies we control, or companies under common control with us.
- With business partners, to offer you products, services, or promotions, in which case we may or may not earn a commission on any sales that result.
- With other users, but only if you post or interact with other users in any areas of our website.
There may be other data that we collect that helps our website function better for you and for the future, and that data may include the IP address from which you’re accessing our website; browser type; browser version; pages you visit; time and date of your visit; time spent on various pages; device identifiers; operating system; device types; and other diagnostic data, including data your device may send. We protect usage data to the same extent as personal data.
A cookie is a small bit of information that a website, including ours, sends to your device, and stores there so we can recognize your device or your account when you come back, and more. Cookies and other similar tools allow us to provide a better web experience for you, such as remembering what you had in your shopping cart, making it quicker for you to sign in, and more. In addition to the cookies we set when you visit our site, third parties may also set cookies when you visit our sites. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics or credit card processing. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content from third parties, such as videos, news, or ads. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
You always have the option to disable or block cookies in your browser, or use privacy software to block cookies, and you’ll still have a great web experience with us – the choice is always yours. Just know that our website, like most all other websites, sends cookies automatically unless you disable them.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device even after you leave our site or close your browser, while session cookies get deleted as soon as you close your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/cookies/
We use both types of cookies, as follows:
Necessary / Essential Cookies. These are session cookies that we administer. They are required to provide you with services available through our website, and to enable you to use some of its features. They do things like help to authenticate users, and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, we can’t provide the services for which you’re visiting our website, and we only use them to provide those services.
Functionality Cookies. These are persistent cookies that we administer. They allow us to remember choices you make when you use the site, like remembering your login details or language preferences. We use these to provide you with a more personal experience, and also to save you time by not having you re-enter preferences every time you visit our site.
Tracking and Performance Cookies. These are persistent cookies that third parties administer. We use them to track information about our website traffic, including how visitors use our website. The information we gather with these cookies could directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor, because the information collected is typically linked to an identifier associated with your device. We may also use these cookies to test new ads, pages, or features, or new website functionality to see how it might help our visitors.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies. These are persistent cookies that third parties administer. They track your browsing habits to help us show you advertising that’s more likely to interest you. They use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests, then use that information to determine which ads display to you when you visit our site or other sites.
How We Use Your Data
While we make efforts to maintain the security of your data, including using industry-standard encryption and other protection technologies, this is a friendly reminder that nothing is 100% bulletproof.
Any data we collect and store resides on our servers located in the United States. We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website, and we make efforts to ensure those service providers are reputable and protect your data to our standards, although we cannot guarantee complete security. Those third-party service providers include the following:
AWeber is a service we use to send email communications, and to also provide analysis and distribution of our email communications. It is provided by AWeber Systems, Inc., located at 1100 Manor Drive, Chalfont PA 18914. To provide its services to us and to you, AWeber receives certain personal data, including your email address, and in some cases your name, address, and other information. This data will be stored on AWeber servers in the USA.
Heartland is a credit card payment processing service from Heartland Payment Systems, LLC that we use on our website when you place an order. Heartland is not authorized to use your data for purposes other than processing credit cards for orders placed on our website. For more information on Heartland’s privacy practices, including physical locations where Heartland stores data, please visit https://www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com/privacy-policy.
Because our third-party service providers may be located around the globe, your personal information may be transferred to and stored in the United States or in another country outside of the country in which you reside, which may be subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence.
Our site may contain links to other websites. We have no control over what data those sites collect and what they do with it.
Other Data Disclosures
There are a few other instances where we may share your data. First, we may share your data in connection with a merger or acquisition of our company. Second, we will disclose data if required to do so by law or order. Other disclosures may include protecting or defending our rights or interests; investigating wrongdoing arising out of or related to our company or our website; and protecting you, us, or the public.
Your Rights To Request Information, Deletion, and More
If you would like to request a copy of data that we have collected about you, you may do so by contacting us using the contact information at the end of this page. You may also contact us to ask us to delete your data, and to request that we do not sell your data. Finally, if you’re a California resident, you may contact us up to twice each calendar year to request the types of information we shared with third parties in the prior calendar year for direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties.
We typically respond to requests within 45 days, and only if we are able to verify that the request is really from you.
Our site is not intended for use by minors, nor is it intended as a place for users to post their own content. However, if you are a minor and a California resident, you have the right to contact us using any of the contact methods at the end of this page to request removal of any content you have posted. Although we’ll do everything we reasonably can to comply with your request, that does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our site.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to know about personal information we collect, disclose, and sell. You have the right to request that we disclose to you what categories of personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold over the past 12 months. We have provided information about the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources from which we collected it, the purposes for which it was collected, and the third parties with whom we may share it with, above.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to request that we not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, with certain limitations (such as to maintain a list of people who have requested that their information be deleted).
- Right to Non Discrimination. No matter what privacy rights you choose to exercise, that will not be used as a basis to discriminate against you in any services we offer or the pricing of those service.
Do Not Track
Our website does not respond to Do Not Track signals. But, other websites might. Most browsers have a Do Not Track feature that allows you to inform websites that you don’t want to be tracked, which you can enable or disable in the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
This section applies only to those in a country subject to the GDPR. We may collect, process, and maintain your data:
- When you have given us your consent to do so for any specific purposes;
- To perform a contract between you and us, or any precontractual obligations, including providing any goods or services you purchase on our site;
- To comply with any legal obligations;
- To protect your or any other person’s vital interests;
- To carry out a public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- For our legitimate interests; and
- As otherwise allowed by law.
For any data processing, we will happily help clarify the specific legal basis that applies, including whether the data collection or processing is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR. We respect your personal data, and if you are in the EU, you have the right to:
- Request Access to Your Personal Data. You have the right to access, update, or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings on our website. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist. This right also includes a right to receive a copy of the personal data we have about you.
- Request Correction of Your Personal Data. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to Processing of Your Personal Data. If we’re relying on a legitimate interest as the basis for processing your data, and there is something about your particular situation that gives rise to you objecting to us doing that, you have that right. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request Deletion of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the Transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw Your Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data. If You withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of our website, and we may not be able to continue providing you product updates.
Exercising of Your GDPR Rights. You may exercise the rights above by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to any requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Changes and Updates