What BUYERS should KNOW BEFORE BUYING a Home
This book reveals the mistakes buyers can make when buying a home for lack of information. In this book, REALTOR® Kelly Hanson shares what he has learned in his 32+ years in the real estate industry. Homebuyers can avoid these mistakes by asking the right questions and getting the correct answers.
Buyers make an educated buying decision with less chance of buyer remorse!
WHAT’S IN THE BOOK?
999+ Questions that EVERY homebuyer should ask before purchasing a home, including:
NOW WITH 90 HOME SELLER TIPS SO YOU CAN BE PREPAIRED FOR THE EDUCATED BUYERS.
Page 64, question # 7 “Were weed and feed products used in the lawn? They can prevent gardens to grow.
– Was the home built with a radon mitigation system installed under the slab?
– Are you willing to take the risk of slow lead poisoning? Test the water for the presence of lead.
– Will any of the trees grow tall and block the sun in a few years?
– Noise: will opening windows expose the inside of the house to additional noise?
– What is the average response time for the police, ambulance, and fire departments?
– If there is no garage or carport, is there off-street parking? Do not assume there is.
– Is there a neighborhood watch? Will you be required to participate?
– Can mom or dad stay in your spare room permanently?
– How are adjacent properties zoned?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does a buyer really need to know all of this?
Yes, If the buyer is not aware of the many factors that go into choosing the right home, they will end up with a house that is missing features. Worse than that is discovering things about the home they come to hate after they have moved in.
Why do REALTORS® need this information?
“Real Estate” schools do not teach this material. Only through many years of experience, sales, and mistakes, can this material be fully understood. Now, the agent can have access to all the right content without the school of hard knocks being the only way to access this knowledge.
How can a home seller benefit from this?
Sellers can make it easier for the buyer to reach a buying decision by providing all these questions to them ahead of time. The buyer will feel more confident and willing to make the purchase.
How does this book make you smarter?
The person asking the question is in control of the conversation. By asking these questions and knowing where to find the answers, your intelligence will noticed by anyone listening.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
REALTOR®, teacher, mentor, trainer, Kelly Hanson shares what he has learned in his 30+ years in real estate. He has been a Certified Real Estate Instructor for 15 years for the Idaho and Coeur d’Alene Associations of REALTORS® and for the Idaho Real Estate Commission.
- Idaho State REALTOR® of the Year (2006)
- Co-authored the book “How to Make Your REALTOR® Get You The Best Deal” (2004)
- GRI, Graduate REALTOR® Institute
- CRS, Certified Residential Specialist
- Was first ABR Accredited Buyers Agent in North Idaho (1996)
- SFR, Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource
- GREEN, NAR Green Designation
- HAWD, At Home with Diversity
- SRES, Senior Real Estate Specialist
WHAT OTHER REALTORS® ARE SAYING
ABOUT BE SMART IN REAL ESTATE
“This is a great resource book. I learned quite a bit by reading your book. I believe it would be a great resource for any of the buyers we work with.”
– Matt Dimmick, Broker
“I’ve been in the real estate industry for a long time, with experience in lending, title & escrow, launching a real estate company, and working with many buyers and sellers in the last few years. I learned a lot from Kelly’s book and found it to be very thorough and full of excellent information. This will be an excellent resource for both my customers and for other Real Estate Agents.”
– Cathrine Pennel, Hawaii
“This information will be great for new agents as they have not experienced these situations yet!”
– Pat Ohmberger, Nebraska
“I personally do not think you have left a stone unturned. I have nothing to add, edit or change. My absolute FAVORITE part are the Seller Tips! REALTORS® and the public alike will benefit greatly from this book. It was my pleasure to read it.”
– Susan Beach, Oklahoma
“I can tell you is it was a wonderful ‘refresher course’ because when we do this day to day, we forget about the actual buying process.”
– Karen Eberson, Georgia
“As a decades-long veteran of the real estate industry, I’m thrilled to have this handbook for the buyers and sellers my team and I work with. As I always tell them- ‘no question is unimportant!’ The answers are now right here at their fingertips!!”
– Helen Keit, New York
“You bring up a lot of really good things to consider when preparing to buy, sell, or invest in a home. Both for consumers and for the newer agents out there.”
– Nathan Arnald, South Carolina
“I just finished reading the book and I am very impressed. I did not know what to expect and you have created a wonderful resource for the consumer and vender side of real estate alike. I am excited to share it with my team when it comes out!”
– Mike Lyons, Indiana